Elementary School Student Success Coordinator
Who We Are
Henderson Collegiate is a mission-driven public college preparatory school located in rural Henderson, NC with an unrelenting focus on character development and student achievement. Our school serves students that come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% receive free or reduced lunch, and about 90% are students of color). However, we consistently rank in the top 10% of all North Carolina Public Schools.
At Henderson Collegiate, we believe in 51% character and 49% academics, as we will never sacrifice a moment to teach our student’s character traits that will help them become great people. We are both a team and family who leverage passionate people to be the best teachers and leaders that they can be. We work beside each other to make what most people say is impossible, happen.
Our Elementary School Student Success Coordinator will work with students in grades K-4. Please read below to learn more about who we are looking for.
Who You Are
- A go-getter that will move mountains to do what is best for our students and team
- An encourager who knows that with learning comes joy, love and laughter
- A reflective educator who recognizes the power and potential within all students and strives to provide them with culturally competent/responsive instruction
- A life-long learner that continuously strives to be a better version of themselves through learning, improving and being hungry for feedback
- A gritty problem-solver who approaches challenges with smart solutions in mind
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes swift action based on results
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates
What You’ll Do
The Henderson Collegiate Elementary School Student Success Coordinator will:
- Serve as a liaison between the classroom teacher and students to obtain and return the student’s work
- Establish a productive environment that supports students in completing their work and meeting behavior expectations within the in-school suspension classroom
- Coordinate with the Dean of Students on a regular basis about student progress
- Develop, uphold, and implement Henderson Collegiate’s values, policies, and systems to effectively manage the in-school suspension room and consistently lead students to meet sky-high academic and character-based expectations
- Maintain strong lines of communication with the Dean of Students and teachers about student progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united pursuit of Henderson Collegiate’s mission
- Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement
The Fine Print
- A High School Diploma or GED is required for this position
- Preferred: Prior experience teaching or working in a low-income community is preferred
- Hours and Compensation: This is an hourly position paid at a rate of $15 per hour. The anticipated hours are Monday through Thursday 8am-2pm and Friday 8am-1pm.
- At this time we are not able to sponsor candidates who are looking for an initial US work visa.